This is ONLY for my Writing Portfolio.

READ AGAIN: This is ONLY for my Writing Portfolio

If you search for one of the most searched words or things on 'Google', you'll see the words
'Facebook', 'YouTube' or literally even 'Google', which is in my opinion if anyone ever does google
"GOOGLE" should be taken to a google search page that only says: "You should've been aborted"
(but that's a little harsh)
But "Facebook", "YouTube" and "Google" are horrible names for a blog because of image and
legal issues, but if you were to search:

"What is the most asked question in Google?"

  1. When are the NBA playoffs? - 5 Million searches

  2. What is my IP Address? - 4 Million searches

And as much as I love pissing off people who is desperate to know when are the NBA playoffs, the second question caught my eye, it really shows how much people are still confused about computers and the internet even though they've been around for a while (I don't know if you've noticed and for those wondering, an IP address is like the position of your internet on the world so that website's know where you are...that's the best way I can describe that with almost no knowledge)

But that got me thinking, of how much of a maze the internet is that you can easily be directed to a nobody's blog (like this for example). That's why I chose that to be the name of my blog, so that almost 4 million people could be accidentally redirected to my little ol' blog here.

Now, who am I?

That's silly, even just reading that and asking the question in your head is a bit stupid because do you even care? I'm a non-interesting person so let's just discuss business here.

I made and write this blog solely, purely and ONLY because in becoming a writer I've discovered that companies and employers need proof of articles, essays and pieces that I've actually written.

Now don't get me wrong, I've written things, but professionally, I am a filmmaker (Ew, I know), so most of the things I've written are loglines, story concepts, storylines and (of course) Screenplays or Scripts.

Some screenplays I've written are for short web-series', some are comedy short-films that have won awards but most script's I've written have been brutally rejected and criticized by film producers...so that's fun

(this is a screenplay I wrote for a short film that got in the MMFF 2018 Student Category and GOT NOMINATED...standards are low here in the Philippines)


All I've written are stories that are formatted to never be seen by the public but to only be read and said by producers, directors, people who pretend to be other people for a living...and also actors. (but to be honest, they're mostly read by my friends who groan every time I ask their opinion on my screenplays).

And besides those, All I've written are research paper's and essays in college and I don't think employers looking for content writers would be interested in my research paper about the different directorial styles of Hollywood directors (Yes, Wes Anderson is in it).

So, I'll write this instead, a blog that would probably only get traffic due to it's name or maybe not at all, does it matter?...okay maybe a little bit.

So, I'll ALSO write about different kinds of niches (from anything to anything) so that my portfolio would have range just bear with me until I get a job or I get a freelancing job because that's as realistic as wanting a career in content writing gets.

And you can trust me, you can see from how I've been writing so far that I don't stray to far from my point but still writing to be entertaining and relevant, just tell me if you want to jump through a flaming hoop while bouncing a ball on my head and I'll tell you to go fuck yourself...unless you pay me.

So here's the deal, you give me traffic and I'll stay out of your way, it doesn't cost you to visit once in a while to see what I've cooked up for my portfolio, I'll write about anything I see needed on the facebook groups for freelance writers I'm in.

Tech reviews? Those are big. Articles about pets? or list-based things (all sorts) are also in demand and from just literally looking at posts from the freelance writing group right now, they're looking for writers that write about topics about real estate, lifestyles and even pets, so maybe that?

And since this is my place, maybe I'll write movie reviews, maybe I'll write about extremely specific nostalgia topics or low-niche subjects that we'll find interesting and by we I mean a really REALLY small amount of people, I'll guess fewer than 10 people.

And it will be hard trust me, If you've seen the facebook posts I've seen about people looking for "Content Writers", they intimidate me with large words like SEO, 1.5 Peso/Dollar per word or even literally just the word "Content Writer" used to scare and confuse me.

If it does to you to, I always try to remember that Content is just a very general term for what they want you to write about, the content is what they're company is about, what they sell or what they want others to read about them.

I must be explaining this to a bunch of corporate people or business...people who already know what we're supposed to do, well keep in mind that I don't, I'm not saying WE don't, No, I'm saying I don't.

But I'm willing to learn, I'm willing to harness my skill of writing about anything with anything through anything with anyone. I've always loved it ever since I've finished reading books left through right when I was in grade school, I loved it when I read fake news articles when I was a naïve high schooler and I loved it when I learned to write scripts in college.

You may ask: "Why writing? If you're so desperate to get a job, why not settle for something practical?", WELL, let me tell you one thing about myself now that you might've probably guessed when you read "1.5 Peso/Dollar per word"

I live in the Philippines and I have a terribly awful thing called privilege which not a lot of people have here, you'll be amazed how much of a loser I am compared to people who have to actually work to live here, they'll learn content writing in a heartbeat if they have to and I worship them for their hard work and just sheer will.

And I'm a shit head loser next to these people, I know for a fact because on the early months of 2019, I took up a job at ABS-CBN of being a content creator for a small show but I quickly quit after 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS. Why? because I got scared that it got to real or I'm just lazy? It's safe to say it was both.

But now I just want to work and have the will of my fellow Filipino's, I want that and I'm not glorifying them working hard to justify my privilege, I'm just saying that I want to channel my own Filipino skill of giving it my all and I'm lucky enough so that I can choose writing.

Which brings us back to my portfolio, I'll talk to you as if you were my disappointed parents rolling their eyes at their son who's a writer. Just bear with me, I'll work hard on this, I'll write, I'll learn and I'll build a profile.

And who knows, maybe the one reading this turns out to be my future employer? You like what you see?...well then that's disappointing.

And now here's watermarked stock photo of a writer giving you two thumbs up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I don't know if this was a memory or a dream

How The RC Commercial Knew How To Go Viral